package is a suite of programs for the computation of the harmonic components
of the scalar potential distribution in electrostatic multipoles made by
cutting axially symmetric surface parallel to the axis of the axial symmetry
and for the computation of the electron optical properties of a magnetic lens
- Multipole of the 1st order is the dipole - the basic component of
the deflection field.
- Multipole component up to m=8 can be computed.
- Very high accuracy of the multipole axial field is obtained even in
a small computation mesh.
- Input data for an electrostatic lens from ELD program can be
imported into EMD to calculate the field of an electrostatic lens with
- The electron optical properties are computed for magnetic lens with
electrostatic deflection system.
- Computed results can be used in TRC/TRASYS program to calculate
accurate ray paths of particles with arbitrary energy and initial
Split electrostatic deflector that can be
computed with EMD.